Immigrants travel to the Houston area from around the world for many different reasons and under many different circumstances. These individuals come to Harris County, TX, seeking economic opportunities provided by the industries that thrive in the greater Houston area. In many cases, these individuals might be seeking to reunite with family. Others may be fleeing from violence in their home country.
Regardless of the reason, anyone seeking to come to the United States from another country must navigate through the U.S. immigration system. The system can be complicated. A skilled immigration attorney in Houston, TX, can help you navigate the system to fight for the best possible result in your case.
Services Provided by Our Immigration Firm in Houston, TX
Kathryn Karam is an experienced Houston immigration lawyer who takes on the tough challenges those dealing with the immigration system sometimes face. She has a broad range of experience, and is board-certified in Immigration and Nationality Law by the TBLS (Texas Board of Legal Specialization).
Whatever your immigration issue, you can call Karam Immigration Law at (832) 582-0620 to set up a consultation.
Karam Immigration Law assists people throughout the Houston area, including in the Energy Corridor, Westchase, Sugar Land, Cinco Ranch, The Woodlands and Clear Lake, TX.
Different Types of Immigration Issues
Issues in the immigration system can occur for a variety of reasons. No matter your issue, Kathryn Karam can assist you.
- Employment-Based Immigration: Houston is an international city, with a strong economy. Employers here seek skilled workers from around the globe. Kathryn Karam words with employers to obtain appropriate visas for recruits, and work through the issues they may face including:
- Temporary Worker Visas;
- Permanent Residence through Employment;
- Dual Intent Visas;
- Immigration Issues for Athletes, Artists, Performers;
- Immigration for Spouses and Children of Employees;
- Obtaining Labor Certifications;
- Studying in the United States;
- Extending a Stay;
- Adjusting the Status; and
- Investor Visas.
- Immigration Based on Family or Other Reasons including:
- Permanent Residence / Naturalization: A person coming to Houston to live permanently or indefinitely must obtain a green card, making them a permanent resident. Once a lawful permanent resident, a person may seek to become a citizen.
- Entering the Country: To cross through a port of entry, you must be ready to deal with stringent security measures. Kathryn Karam can assist you if you run into problems.
- Removal / Deportation: Removal means being sent back to your home country. You can fight removal, and Kathryn Karam can represent you.
Whatever your problem, Kathryn Karam, a immigration attorney in Houston, TX, will fight for the best result in your case. Call (832) 582-0620 today to set up a consultation.
IMMIGRATION AND NATIONALITY LAW
We are pleased to inform you that Kathryn and her team are now a part of Quan Law Group
5444 Westheimer Rd., Suite 1700
Houston, Texas 77056
United States(713) 625-9200
“Kathryn’s Law Firm has been an absolute wonderful experience to work with. They went above and beyond to get me my Visa to China when I was denied the first time. Kathryn is a true professional and is a step above her competition!!!” -Edward
Recent News & Blog
When people come to me for help and tell me that their spouse or partner is threatening them with deportation, several things run through my
Hi, I’m Kathryn Karam. I’m an immigration lawyer in Houston, Texas. I’m board certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. I’ve been practicing immigration
Things can always change as new policies are implemented, but here’s what we know as of his first 100 days in office: Since 2017, the
In June 2020, the United States Supreme Court issued a decision finding that the Trump administration’s attempt to terminate the DACA program was unlawful. The